With the New Year approaching, everyone is getting geared up for the typical “New Year’s Resolution” of weight loss. But with so many options and activities to do, what is the most efficient way of spending your time? If you have an hour to workout, how do you decide between playing football or going to the gym?
Welcome to the VPX Sports Supplement Blog
These days when I walk around my gym I feel like I always see someone jumping over boxes, throwing medicine balls up to the ceiling, or hopping around like a rabbit. When I go over to these people and ask them why they're doing these specific exercises, their typical response is either they have a friend that showed this to them or they saw it in on the internet. What they need to understand is that all of the above are variations of plyometric training.
I have to admit that the first time I saw a set of bands hanging from what appeared to be giant, triangle-shaped monkey bars, I was skeptical… but boy was I wrong.
How many of us have spent endless amounts of time calculating our caloric burn during exercise? We use pedometers, heart rate monitors, digital displays on cardio machines, etc. What people need to realize that it isn’t just about the calories we burn in the gym that help towards our goal of fat loss; it is also the amount of calories we burn AFTER the gym that count.
To stretch or not to stretch, that is the question. But what is the answer? This topic is one of the oldest debates in the fitness realm. There are countless articles, studies, and views on this topic. In this week’s blog I will share with you some of the information that I feel is useful and compelling.
Do you want to pack on muscle Freaky Fast? Let me show you how to use the proven German Volume Training method so you can gain 7, 8, 9, 10 or even 11 pounds of Rock Hard Muscle in just 6-8 weeks! German Volume Training (GVT) + Advanced Methods = Pure Muscle Mass!
As athletes, we know that drinking water throughout the day is extremely important, but do we know why? In terms of body mass, human cells consist of 65-90% H2O (water). Approximately 99% of the human body is made up of only six elements - carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium and phosphorus. The remaining 1% is split between various minerals, electrolytes and natural toxins. These crucial minerals and electrolytes include potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium. To put it simply, on average the human body is approximately 70% water.
“German Volume Training” (GVT) might be new to some of you but for others this style of training is something from the past! For those of you who aren’t familiar with GVT, I will start with a quick background followed by how a beginner can start using the GVT method.
UPPER BODY WORKOUT - TRICEPS
Have you been traveling a lot lately? Maybe you have not been able to get to the gym on time, or just want a good workout you can do at home. Not to worry - our ‘Home Grown Series’ will provide you with workouts that you can do at home using limited to no equipment and still achieve maximal results! We will be providing you with workouts that will increase your metabolism, build muscle and make you feel great! Now you have no excuses for missing workouts!
Let’s take a look at how to accurately define fitness. It is the ability to adapt to a specific task or sport with capacity to build SPRADA & SEB. SPRADA being Speed, Power, Reaction, Agility, De-acceleration, Acceleration & SEB; known as Strength, Endurance, Balance. These elements are extremely important to every athlete. Briefly defining each element will give you a better understanding of how it impacts your fitness level.