There is a lot of information out there on the "latest and greatest" new diet products and herbs, but the truth is that the best way to lose that extra fat off your body is by exercising, eating a clean diet, and utilizing great supplements such as VPX’s Zero Carb protein powder. There are also certain foods that you should be consuming on a daily basis. Many of these foods are naturally high in antioxidants and anticancer properties, and best of all you can get them at your grocery store! If you eat crap like chips and candy, you will also feel and look like crap. If you eat foods that are good for you, you will be energized and feel good about yourself physically and mentally. So stop making excuses for every meal and just stick with it! These are the top 5 foods and spices you should be consuming every week to stay lean and healthy.
- High quality protein. This should be a staple in the house. It can be lean ground turkey, egg whites, or fish. Try to make protein a part of most of your meals. Protein is thermogenic, and having more muscle=burning more calories throughout the day.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, kale, and cauliflower. These veggies have been found to have specific anti-cancer properties as well as a great amount of nutrients. They are very low in calories, taste delicious, and are packed with vitamins. Try and eat vegetables at every meal.
- Garlic. This herb has been studied for its cardiovascular health benefits, as a potent anti-cancer herb and for treating infections. Garlic can also help boost immune system by activating macrophages that fight infections. Sauté it with your veggies and meat and experience the flavor!
- Berries. Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are all very high in antioxidants. Not only do they taste delicious, but they contain fiber and vitamins and minerals. Throw them on top of your oatmeal or in your protein, for some great flavor and nutrients.
- Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are high in healthy fats such as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. They also contain B vitamins, fiber, and most importantly taste delicious!
- Balch, Phyllis A. Prescription for herbal healing: a practical A-Z reference to using herbs with vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, natural healing techniques, and prescription medications. 2002