Now that you have been going to the gym since the New Year, and have already been seeing awesome results, the next BIG thing to work on is your DIET! Where do you start? First, let’s be realistic. If you don’t have kids it may be easier for you to control what you buy and keep in the house. If you do have kids or 3 other roommates that don’t live your same lifestyle, it will be a little bit more work on your part to keep things clean. So, get into the right mindset of WHY you are changing your diet and how it’s going to benefit you immediately and in the long run. Here are 7 necessary steps YOU need to take to get on the right track!
- Have the right MINDSET. Be positive and realistic about your goals. Don’t expect to have the perfect diet forever once you start. Remember that the word diet means a way of eating, not a time for you to restrict yourself for a certain amount of time.
- Get rid of ALL junk food in your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer (chips, cookies, ice cream), Out of sight, out of mind
- Stock up on proteins like lean fish, turkey and chicken. Eggs or egg whites are also a staple, as well as tuna fish in water for last minute meals. Frozen vegetables are a breeze to make!
- Use protein powder! If you cannot get to a meal and need something quick after a workout, drink a VPX Protein Rush or mix Zero Carb with water. This is high quality protein that will keep you satisfied for hours!
- Start cooking! Cooking does not have to take a lot of time and clean recipes are very simple to make. You do not need a lot of ingredients to make clean food taste delicious.
- PLAN PLAN PLAN! You need to plan what and when you are cooking ahead of time, so your favorite meat or fish is thawed and you have your veggies ready to be prepared. Planning and taking food with you eliminates the possibility of you stopping by a fast food place when you are beyond hungry.
- Enjoy your food. For each meal, sit down and take some time to actually enjoy it. Knowing that you are eating good food and the work that you put in will make the meal even more satisfying.