After a whole day’s work, it is very tempting to run by a fast food place or just decide to go out to eat somewhere, even though you know the best thing is to come home and cook. Going out to eat can get pricey, and you don’t always know what you’re getting. Here are the top 5 reasons why YOU should be cooking delicious home cooked meals, instead of the junk food drive-through!
- Nutritional content. It’s obvious - fast food=junk food, which means it does not belong in your body! By cooking at home, you can choose fresh and clean ingredients to cook with and be satisfied with your meal, without the guilt that fast-food brings you!
- What’s really in your food? Unless you work for that restaurant, you don’t really know exactly how your food is being prepared. You also don’t know what kind of oils they are cooking with. If you are not used to eating out, you may even get an upset stomach from all of the additional ingredients your body is not used to. When you cook at home, you know EXACTLY what is going into your food.
- $$$. Going out to eat can add up! You are paying for the cost of food, labor, service, and a tip when you go out to eat… all of those things add up! Even a salad that you could have easily made at home can cost you $12. Cooking at home is cheaper and you can save money the next day by brining leftovers to work.
- Cooking at home is relaxing, and a great way for the family to get together and help each other out! It’s also a good way to teach your little ones the importance of eating healthy and family time. Experimenting with different recipes and learning new tastes is exciting.
- Looking GOOD! If having a LEAN and muscular physique is the look you’re going for, then cooking meals at home is a MUST! You need to have healthy prepared meals and snacks with you at all time, that way you never have to turn to the JUNK food!