Now that you have started to exercise and have changed your diet, one constant thing you will have to work on is your motivation. There will be days where you feel like you can work out for 3 hours and eat nothing but lean protein and veggies, and other days you may not even want to get out of bed. The key thing to understand is that this WILL happen. Everyday will not be perfect, but everyday you WILL have to push yourself to achieve your goals.
On the days you are naturally motivated and have had enough sleep, it will be easy to get into the gym and complete your workout. But what are you going to do on the days when there is just too much going on and you would rather pull your blanket over your head and go back to sleep? Here are a few tips and things to keep in mind when your motivation is low. If you PLAN ahead, you will stay on track and be one day closer to reaching your goals.
- Remind yourself WHY you are working out, and how absolutely AMAZING you will feel after!
- Remember that you are doing this for YOUR health, well-being, and you are going to look great after as well.
- Do you have little ones at home or teenagers running circles around you? By working out, eating clean and living healthy, you will be able to keep up with your kids at all times and maybe even run circles around them.
- If you are normal and get stressed out time to time, exercise is the best way to get rid of it! Exercise clears your head, refreshes you, gives you energy, and most importantly boosts your immune system so you do NOT get sick during a stressful time.
- Visualize your ULTIMATE goal. By following your diet and exercise program you are getting one step closer every single time you work out, push yourself, and choose to eat clean.
Now GET UP AND GO!